Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Herb Salad

This salads looks totally normal but it's loaded with fresh herbs! Rita blessed me the other day with a ton of fresh produce from the garden, including a large variety of herbs. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with them and then one night I decided to throw them in salad. Then I figured I might as well use some of the herbs from my own little garden and the salad had almost 10 different herbs when I was finished. I drizzled some balsamic vinegar and flaxseed oil for a dressing and I could not believe how wonderfully flavorful it was! All of the herbs together make every bight so delicious.

Herb Salad
oregano
thyme
marjoram
rosemary
chives
mint
basil
parsley
(Pictured Left: from top to bottom)

Anytime you have leftovers herbs throw them in your salad for a little twist! Edible flowers make a nice edition as well. They add beauty.

Enjoy,
<3 Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment