Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Two New Raw Salads

Hello Hello Hello! It has been so long since Bianca and I posted we are so sorry and we promise to be better about blogging. We were actually just listening to Holly Becker, a professional blogger give an interview about her blog, decor8. If you haven't checked it out be sure to she has some beautiful pictures, I'm sure Bianca has mentioned it before. Anyways, Holly mentioned how key it is to be consistent and at least post once a week on the same day so your followers know when to check up on your blog. Taking advice from a someone more experienced I'm going to commit to blogging every Monday night. And of course, if there's more going on that week I will add more but Tuesdays will be a great day to view the blog and not be disappointed :)

While at home, I realized my grandparents had given me this cookbook a couple years back that I kinda shoved off but now I love it! It's called How to Cook Everything Vegetarian by Mark Bittman and is so great because it goes through every vegetable, fruit grain, etc and talks about the best ways to eat it or cook it and then lists a few recipes using it. It's fabulous! I really love it because it always lists numerous variations of the recipe and with a fridge full of veggies your bound to have the necessary ingredients for one of them. I made one of the versions of the Raw Beet Salad. It was very refreshing and looked very pretty. Of course, don't this if you don't like beets, a lot :)















Raw Beet Salad with Carrot and Ginger
5 small red beets
1 large carrot
1 medium shallot
1 t dijon mustard
1 T fresh ginger
1/4 c cilantro, chopped
lemon
pepper and salt

In a food processor chop the beets, carrots, shallot, and ginger. Add the cilantro, dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Fresh lemon to taste.

Another salad that I love making is similar in how its prepared but instead of beets you use parsnips. I had never had parsnips before I started using them to make this recipe but now I love them.
















Parsnip Salad
6 or so small parsnips
1 large carrot
3 T chopped red onion
1/4 C chopped parsley
1-2 T salad dressing or veganese (I used Rhonda's Raw Salad Dressing from the Hallelujah Diet)
1/2 lemon juiced fresh

In a food processor, combine parsnips and carrot and pulse. Once chopped well toss in a bowl with parsley, onion and dressing. Squeeze fresh lemon over top. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment