Sunday, April 10, 2011

Stuffed Portobella

Now, I am very aware that this photo is not very appetizing. It was hard to capture this creation of mine on camera but it was really yummy so I wanted to share the idea. Besides the best way to cook is to rummage through ideas then experiment in the kitchen. Plus I was especially creative with making this because I used leftover bruschetta from another recipe.


Recipe
1/3 C quinoa
1/2 C bruschetta
1 portobella mushroom

Rub balsamic vinegar and a bit of olive oil on the portabella after washing it scrapping off the inside ribbing. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes. Meanwhile cook the quinoa, 1/3 C quinoa to 2/3 C water, bring to a boil then let simmer on low until all the water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. While steaming hot add the bruschetta to the quinoa and mix well. Stuff the portabella full and put back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes.

Wallah, a beautiful stuffed mushroom. This was obviously a night I was cooking for just me but make two or three and serve as appetizers or sides to a wonderful dinner!

Enjoy,
<3 Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment