Friday, May 21, 2010

God has really been reminding me lately how valuable our bodies are. We've been given bodies that are wonderfully and beautifully made and it is our responsibility to take care of them.

"Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are." 1 Corinthians 3:16-17

I think it's easy to loose sight of what constitutes "healthy eating" with all of the conflicting information regarding nutrition in the media and the overwhelming amount of processed foods in our grocery stores. But God made it so simple. Whole foods, the foods He himself created from the beginning are to be the main components of our diet.

"And God said, 'See I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food." Genesis 1:29


A diet of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, seeds and nuts is the best possible way to properly nourish you body. And large component of these food groups should be eaten raw, not heating them over 106 degrees, in order to maintain enzymes for proper digestion and absorption of nutrients. I continually hear people asking me if this diet is more expensive. I haven't calculated it out but I haven't noticed any dramatic difference and if we believe in a God who provides all things then what is a few dollars more every week? More importantly, your health is going to cost you a whole lot more in doctors visits and pharmaceutical drugs when your diet catches up with you. I'm not trying to sound harsh but the reality is that diet is a huge component towards better health and I think it's time people wake up to that fact.

"My people are destroyed for their lack of knowledge." Hosea 4:6


For 20 years I thought I was eating normally when in fact my diet contained little of the foods God made for me to consume. I understand that many people do not know what it means to be healthy or where to begin. I've listed some sources below that have taught me so much about health and proper nutrition. This diet is not difficult, God has grace for you to be able to do this, it's possible for anyone and He will bless you for turning to Him with your health.

"Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31



Books:
The Hallelujah Diet by George Malkmus
The China Study by Dr. Collin T. Campbell
www.hacres.com

No comments:

Post a Comment