Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Side Dish: Green Beans with Balsamic Roasted Shallots

Green beans are always a traditional side dish, with slivered almonds or garlic and thyme. But this year I wanted to make something a little different. I found this recipe for balsamic roasted shallots with green beans and I was very excited to try it out for Thanksgiving. Also, a success according to my family.

Recipe
green beans
shallots
balsamic vinegar
grapeseed oil
salt and pepper
Peel the shallots, but leave the root in tact so they don't fall apart everywhere. Depending on what size shallots you get you may need to slice them in half. Mine were really large and I thought they would have been too overwhelming in a dish with green beans so I cut all of them in half. Layer on baking sheet.
Roast on 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile steam the green beans until they are crisp-tender, about 15 minutes also. Once ready. simply mix together and serve warm.

The shallots in this dish are so sweet and delicious I could have eaten them alone! This dish doesn't have to be reserved for a Thanksgiving side dish either you could make this anytime!

Enjoy,
<3 Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment