Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Eve Tradition: Pizza

For as long as I can remember our Christmas Eve dinner has been composed of one thing: Papa Murphy's Pizza. Buy it pre-made, put it in the oven and bake at home! So I took the opportunity to make another pizza, one of a healthier version of course. Trader Joe's whole wheat crust, pizza sauce and lots of veggies!

Christmas Eve was so nice and relaxing, family hanging out, A Christmas Story on the television, glasses of red wine, stockings full, I couldn't have asked for more. Before bed we completed our last tradition, opening up one present from under the tree.

Recipe
1 Trader Joe's whole wheat pizza dough, pre-made
1 Trader Joe's Pizza Sauce, pre-made
zuchinni
summer squash
baby bella mushrooms
red onion
kalamata olives
black pepper
Take the dough out of the bag and using a little bit of flour handle carefully. Spray a pan with oil and spread the dough over the pan into a large square. Slice some zuchinni, summer squash, mushrooms, and olives.
Spread the crust with pizza sauce and top with tons of veggies, the olives and freshly ground pepper. Now, it'll look like you have a lot on there but they'll shrink as they cook so don't be afraid to over do it! Besides, who could have too many veggies!
Now this will be my new Christmas Eve tradition! The olives were the best part so don't leave them out! Another nice addition would have been garlic, I forgot it :( I also would have preferred to make my own pizza sauce but we got so busy, I hate that excuse but sometimes it's just true. My parents bought me a VitaMix for Christmas though so now making sauces will be easier than ever! Oooh, I can't wait to try it out and have so much fun playing with new recipes!!

More posts from Christmas dinner tomorrow! Merry merry merry Christmas everyone!

<3 Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment