Monday, April 12, 2010

Mom's Homemade Granola

My mom has never been much of a cook so it surprised me when one day she wanted me to find her a recipe for homemade granola. I sent her the first one I had seen in Recipes for Life from God's Garden by Rhonda J. Malkmus. After doing her own adjusting and tweaking she called me to tell me it turned out great and that even Dad loved it! So naturally she whipped up a batch for me and this granola is really like none other. It has become her little treat to me and she always sends the bags with lots of love :)
Mom's Homemade Granola

4 or 5 C old fashioned rolled oats

1 C oat bran

1/2 C sesame seeds

3/4 C raw sunflower seeds

1/2 C almonds, chopped

3/4 C flax seeds

In a separate bowl mix following:

1/3 C raw, unfiltered honey

2 t vanilla

1/3 C freshly made apple juice

Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients, stir and lay in a glass oven dish. Bake at 300 degrees for an hour stirring every 15 minutes or so. Let cool, then add in 1/2 C raisens.

No comments:

Post a Comment