Thursday, April 29, 2010

Brussel Sprouts

This dinner looks simple and normally it is. But there is quite a story behind these brussel sprouts.....
I had to go to four different places to finally get them. There no longer in season at the farmer's market, Trader Joe's was out of stock, Albertonson's didn't have any and then finally I called Von's before I even went because I was so frustrated and by the grace of God they had them! And they were beautiful, you know how sometimes there really little or off color, nope these ones were round and vibrantly green. I normally would not have made such a big deal out of getting brussels but I had bought these beautiful little potoatoes and I don't even really like potatoes except in this meal. Which is one of my favorite dinners and I was craving it. It's so easy, I just steam the little potatoes, wash the brussels and then throw them in as well. 15 or 20 minutes later I check them with a fork and when they soft they're ready to go! Sprinkle on lots of lemon n' pepper seasoning and enjoy!!
Love ya, Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment