Saturday, June 19, 2010

Cauliflower-Beet Salad

This has become my latest favorite salad. I've literally eaten it for lunch three days in a row :) I tend to find something I really like and then I stick with it for a while. It's a trend with my diet. And you know how I love sharing my latest creations with you. I actually origninally got the idea from an old roommate of mine, Lindsay. I thought she had made quinoa with beets and fresh veggies, but she laughed because it was actually ground cauliflower she had to use because she ran out of lettuce! Thanks Linds!

How to prepare:
Grind desired amount of cauliflower in Cuisinart and place in the bottom of a bowl.
Slice cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, avocado and freshly cooked beets. Toss on top.
Chiffonade basil and throw on top, use plenty, this little addition makes the whole salad wonderful!
Drizzle balsamic vinegar and flax seed oil and there you have it!

Enjoy,
<3 Dani

2 comments: