Sunday, July 11, 2010

Pickles

I have been wanting to make these pickles out of Recipes for Life and I finally got around to it today. There were some great long, Japanese cucumbers at the farmers so I grabbed plenty of them! These make such a great little snack or and addition to a sandwich or salad. The possibilities are endless!

Recipe:
2 C cucumbers
1 C red onion
1 C water
3 T lemon juice
2 T Bragg's
1 clove garlic
1/2 t turmeric
1 t fresh parsley
1/8 t cayenne pepper
1 t dill weed

To make:
Thinly slice cucumbers, I left the skin on mine after scrubbing them, but I would only do this if you bought organic cucumbers. Dice red onion, mince garlic, finely chop parsley. In a 32 oz. jar add liquid ingredients and seasonings, mix well. Add in the cucumber, red onion, garlic and parsley. Seal the lid on and shake jar very well. Refrigerate for an hour or so then they are ready to eat! The flavor will improve as they sit longer.

Enjoy,
<3 Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment