Sunday, July 25, 2010

Watermelon & Tea Popsicles

Hey everyone, sorry it's been so long but I have lots of posts coming soon! Our friend Ryan came up from Santa Barbara this weekend and we all ran the Wharf to Wharf 10K race here in town. It was so much fun for all of us, a little wake up to the reality that we are all in training for a marathon. It's gonna be crazy! But so exciting. Bianca was very into "race day" and making sure we didn't do anything bad before "race day", luckily my newly made popsicles made the cut. And they were quite a success I would say, she and Ryan both loved them! My dad too!To Make:
Watermelon juice, from cut up watermelon
Your favorite fruity tea
Popsicle Maker
To make the watermelon popsicles I used all of the juice leftover from a big bowl of cut up watermelon, I kind of mashed it a little bit.
The tea ones were seperate, I brewed my favorite fruity tea, Passion made by Tazo and Berry Zinger by Celestial Seasonings. Both so yummy, you'll most likely want to use a stronger tea. Pour liquids into popsicle trays, stick in the popsicle stick and freeze. To take out run under a little water and pull from the stick end. Label so you remember which kind is what flavor.
My mom and I bought this popsicle maker online at Amazon, pretty inexpensive and well worth it for the perfect summer time treat. I know they have smaller ones for really cheap at Bed Bath and Beyond. Try these with any fruit juice or pureed fruit. I have some ideas for layered ones...can't wait to try them out!

Enjoy,
<3 Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment