Saturday, July 17, 2010

Edamame Millet Salad

Yes, another cold summer salad, it's just that season I can't help it :) But I love it! Hope you're enjoying it too. This one is definitely better the second day so make a day ahead or save leftovers. The millet takes awhile to cool so I made it a few hours ahead and then set it in the refrigerator until I mixed it with the edamame mixture.

Recipe
1 C millet
3 C water
2 C frozen edamame, defrosted
1 carrot, shredded
4 green onions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
1/2 T grated ginger
1 orange, juiced
3 T Bragg's
3 T rice wine vinegar
Cook millet in water, bring to boil then simmer for 20 minutes. In a large bowl, mix all other ingredients. Mix in with the cooled millet, can be served right away.


Garden update: I have a bell pepper starting to grow! Totally green and maybe a half an inch big but it makes me so excited! God is showing me so much how he is the grower of all things, how he is ultimatly THE GARDENER and he will teach all we need to know to cultivate beautiful and bountiful crops. I am so know where near putting that into practice right now but someday, he gives me visions of my future garden. Getting in touch with God's creation really screams his beauty and majesty, it's a loss for we as a body of people have become very disconnected with this. Even just sitting out and watching the sunset, are you kidding? It leaves people without excuse as Paul says in Romans. The simple things God created for us are meant to satisfy our need to be awed and fascinated, bring yourself back to them and see his beauty.

Rest in Him today,
<3 Dani


No comments:

Post a Comment