Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Chickpea Tangine

I've been wanting to make this dinner recipe that I saw in Fitness magazine for a while now. It's supposed to be done on the stove top but you know how ours is broken right now so I simply threw the whole thing in a glass baking pan. It turned out great, my mom loved it! We served it over millet but couscous or quinoa would work well too. I'm finding millet is not the most favorite of grains. My mom and I sure do love it though!
1 1/2 C garbanzo beans, just a little less than one can
1 zucchini, cut into slices then quartered
1 carrot, cut into long slices then quartered
half a red onion, quartered
2 juicy tomatoes, chopped
2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
2 T fresh ginger, roughly chopped
1 t cumin
1/4 t turmeric
1 whole cinnamon stick
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, include all the tomato juice this makes it saucy, you can also add olive oil, 1-2 T. Bake for half an hour, stirring every 10 minutes or so. Remove from oven and serve over warm millet.
Oh these pictures are making me hungry and I want to make this again! Too bad there wasn't leftovers. This ones really worth making guys!
Enjoy,
<3 Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment