Saturday, July 31, 2010

Brussels Sprouts Leaves

I saw this recipe in vegetarian times for sauteing brussels sprout leaves and for the longest time I could not figure out what they meant. I thought they were talking about the big leaves on the plant and you sauteed them like kale or chard but the ingredients didn't include any big leaves, then I realized they separated all the little leaves of the brussels sprout itself and I thought 'how cool'. If you follow this blog you know how I love brussels sprouts but they do get boring since there isn't too many ways to cook them. So I took this idea and made it into my own oven creation...yes we still do not have a stove. Very simple and delicious, my mom was delicious she had something else last night ;)
Recipe
8oz Brussels Sprouts
1/2 C to 1 C low-sodium vegetable broth
1 T cumin
1/2 lemon, juiced
pepper
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Separate all the outside leaves of the brussels sprout and throw them in a large bowl with the broth, cumin, and lemon juice. You probably won't want to use the whole brussels sprout as they get harder and smaller towards the center. Toss around well in the bowl to coat all the leaves then pile into a 9x16in glassware pan. Bake for 20 minutes, toss in between and check in the last 5 minute, they'll get a little wilty and brown that's when there perfect! Serve over quinoa.
Fun, different and delicious!
Enjoy,
Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment