Friday, March 11, 2011

Vegetarian Tortilla Soup

Hello everyone!

I have been very absent from the blog lately, and I am so sorry about that. I am back in Santa Cruz working and getting involved at Vintage Faith. I just joined the worship team playing violin and I am in an awesome Bible Study as well. God has been so good and it is amazing to have Dani with me right now :-) Last night, I made a great tortilla soup recipe that I would like to share with you all. And the best part...it is SUPER easy to make!

Ingredients:
2 Tbs. vegetable oil
2 red/yellow bell peppers (chopped)
1 yellow onion (chopped)
64 oz. vegetable broth
1 can black beans
1 can corn or hominy (I love hominy in tortilla soup)
1 cup fresh salsa (you can buy great fresh salsas at your local grocery store)
2 avocados (cubed)
2 limes (sliced)
blue or yellow corn tortilla chips (crumbled)
sour cream (optional)
shredded cheddar cheese (optional)

Directions:
1. Saute the bell peppers and onion in vegetable oil until lightly browned.
2. Pour vegetable broth into a large pot and add sauteed vegetables, black beans, corn/hominy and salsa. Cover and simmer on medium heat for one hour.
3. Ladle soup over avocado, tortilla chips, sour cream and cheese. Squeeze some lime to top it off and ENJOY! (serves 6)

No comments:

Post a Comment