Monday, September 27, 2010

Almost Crab

With school starting I've been running around and haven't had nearly as much time as my summer :( Which means less posts, so sorry! Thought I'd post today's packed lunch for school. A hearty salad of parsnips, carrots and celery taken from Recipes for Life from God's Garden, my favorite cookbook. This salad is great for the days you need to stay on campus for lunch, or eat at work because it goes nicely in a tupperware and doesn't require an additional dressing to bring along.

Almost Crab
1 large parsnip
1 carrot
1 green onion
1 large piece of celery
half and avocado
1 clove of garlic
drizzle of flaxseed oil
1/4 t dry mustard
1/8 t cayenne pepper
Peel and chop parsnip and carrot, process in a cuisinart with the clove of garlic until well chopped. Pour into a bowl, adding chopped celery and green onion. Mix well with a very ripe avocado, seasonings and drizzle with your choice of oil, I like flaxseed for it's exceptional health benefits!


Parsnips are really good, you may not have ever had before there not too commonly used. Before this recipe I hadn't either. There a root vegetable and look like a carrot only bigger and white. They're in season right now so look for them at the farmers!

Blessings,
Dani

p.s. Sorry there's no picture, I ran out the door this morning and forgot!

No comments:

Post a Comment