Monday, September 20, 2010

Candle-Making

Bianca always knows the best gifts. For my birthday she took me to a candle making store and we made whole made candles! It was so great! This is a new place in Scotts Valley that I had no idea was even there so total surprise to me.

To start you choose your candle size and shape, there are all different ones. We both chose the medium square candle. Then you choose your scent and base color. I chose Rose and Cream, Bianca chose Fresh Linen and also Cream. Then you go to the counter and she gives you your mold. From here you sit down and pick wax shapes you like. Bianca chose a blue dragonfly and I chose a little pink flower bud with green leaves :). You have to stick your shape onto one of the sides so you see it clearly when the candle is out of the mold. Somehow I messed up on this part and mine ended up coming upside down. But it looks fine. Next you have to fill your mold with all kinds of wax squares. There are tons of colors of the wax squares to choose from and you break them all up and just layer them into your mold. When you're finished, the owner pours your base wax color with your choice of scent into your mold, it comes out sort of mosaic with the wax squares showing through. I did pink ones, Bianca blue and green. So typical of us both :)

Such a fun thing to do and I love the new candle! It's on my dresser in my room here at school. The best part, the smell is fantastic and super fresh since it's so new. Need a good birthday idea: find a candle making shop or visit this place in Scotts Valley!

Blessings,
Dani

1 comment:

  1. No way, SO CUTE! What a fun idea! Post a picture of the final products!

    ReplyDelete