Friday, September 17, 2010

Wine Party!

My 21st birthday party was a Foreign Country Wine party where all of my guests brought a bottle of wine from a different country. It was so much fun, we prepared a lot of ordourves and appetizers. My mom made a delicious lentil salad, I was so thankful for her and my dad who helped out so much :)

My favorite wine was a 2008 Cebernet Sauvignon from Colchagua Valley, Chile. Delicious, though I am not a wine connoisseur yet :) And I loved the bottle. James brought that one he knew I would like it, it's so earthy and natural! Thanks James!

We had some great hummus', artichoke dips and baba ganoush with pita bread, veggie sticks and rice-adzuki bean chips! Baba ganoush is my favorite and with these excellent multi-grain pita it was wonderful! My mom's dish was also a favorite. Here is the recipe for, it's really really good!

Sprouted Green Lentil Provencal Salad
1 C truRoots Sprouted Lentils
1 C truRoots Sprouted Mung Beans
2 small red bell pepper, finely diced
1/2 a finely diced red onion
1/2 C chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
4 T flaxseed oil
4 T red wine vinegar
1 T chopped fresh sage
1 t sea salt
1/2 t ground black pepper
Cook truRoots Sprouted Lentils accoring to package directions. Drain well. Combine the warm lentils, bell pepper, red onion, parsley, oil, vinegar, sage, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Toss well. Cool to room temperature before serving.

The truRoots products are really cool because there sprouted and then dried. So when you cook them you just boil them for 4 minutes, let them sit for 10 minutes covered, then drain. So there not "raw" but there still highly digestible and enzymatic from the sprouting process. Of course, you could always use regualr lentils and mung beans.
God has been blessing my week at home like crazy. It's so funny, my birthday literally went on from Saturday until last night! But now it's over and I am officially 21 :) Thanks everyone!

Love you,
Dani

p.s. Still more birthday stuff to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment