Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Raw Sweet Corn Salad

Hello, hello, hello. Sorry my posts have been short and without devotions. I really hate posting anything that doesn't have any encouragement towards to the Lord but this season is a little busier on my end. Bianca and I both of finishing up our last quarter and meeting a lot of families that need lots of babysitting. So please, forgive us both.
This recipe is sweet and simple. Taken again from Recipes for Life from God's Garden with adjustments on my part. Another great salad that's easy to pack for school. Make it now before corn goes out of season again!

Raw Sweet Corn Salad
1 ear of corn, freshly cut off the cobb
1 small red bell pepper, diced
2 pieces of celery, finely sliced
half a tomato, chopped
half an avocado, choose a ripe one
a bit of a red onion, diced
3 T parsley, freshly chopped
drizzle of flaxseed oil
Combine all vegetables in a bowl. Throw in parsley and drizzle with oil, remember you can use whatever you like, I just always use flaxseed. When you mix it all together, if you were able to sue a ripe avocado mash it in as you stir so it will coat all the vegetables and make a dressing.
Additions: add freshly squeezed lime or lemon, a couple teaspoons red wine vinegar.

This salad was so sweet because the corn was so fresh from the farmer's market! Getting more on Thursday!!

Blessings,
Dani

3 comments:

  1. sounds yummy! make it when i see you in a few days?

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmm looks so good...going to get the ingreds at the farmer's market today :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so good!

    I cant wait until I have a kitchen again so I can make real food haha

    ReplyDelete