Thursday, October 14, 2010

Carlitos

While my mom was in town we went out to eat at this fabulous Mexican restaurant on State Street, Carlitos. I had always heard it was great but never got around to going. My mom got all excited when I told her I was thinking we should go here, she's all "Ooh yea we can get a margarita". Now, my mom never drinks and I have only been 21 for a month now (exactly!) so it was a special occasion for both of us. As we both take our first sips simultaneously I go, "It's so strong" and she goes, "It's so good". My brother burst into laughter, with my mom and I following, we're quite a loud bunch :)
The food was so great, we we're all so amazed. My brother ordered Popcorn Shrimp Tacos, my mom and I shared the sizzling faijitas dish with Grilled Mahi Mahi. I haven't eaten fish in months, it was a nice change. I needed some serious protien after our 20-mile run that day. Then we ordered mango sorbet, a wonderful light dessert to end our night. I really went all out :)


Looking for a nice restaurant with healthy food, this is a great place! Home-made corn tortillas are naturally gluten free and delicious! Many of their dishes are vegetarian or even could be adjusted to be vegan. I post a lot of restaurants because I know it's harder to eat healthy out but really if you know where the good places are then it becomes simple and enjoyable to eat out.

Enjoy,
Dani

2 comments:

  1. That is so funny that you and your mom shared fajitas with grilled mahi-mahi....my mom and I had the EXACT same thing at a different restaurant on state street haha!

    ReplyDelete