Thursday, October 21, 2010

God

God is in control.

Yes, our God, the God of Abraham, Israel, and Jacob, the God of the heavens and the earth, the God of the whole universe, yes, our God is in control.

"See I have inscribed you on the palm of My hands, Your walls are continually before Me." Isaiah 49:16

I think with all the busyness of school during this season of studies that I am in the most valuable lesson God is teaching me is that He is in control. It might seem so simple, like duh, Dan, we all know that by know. But really this profound truth should leave us living in complete peace, experiencing the fullness of His joy and waiting on a God who is and has always been faithful. We should be expecting God to show up in a powerful way every single day! Can we all say we're doing that? I don't think so. I think I've lost sight of the Jesus I believe in, standing right before me, walking with me through everything. As I drove to school this morning praying, Lord be with me as I take this midterm, He gave me his perspective for my life. I was made for something so much bigger, I was made for heaven and I can live like that right now.

Someone told me this week that it's so obvious I know my citizenship is in heaven, that it's written all over my life. It encouraged me beyond expression, I don't even think I would have thought that about myself in a million years. But God is just teaching me that He is in control, that He is my God, and where does He reign? HEAVEN! So that's where I live! This life is fleeting, but the life to come is eternal. Anything in your life that doesn't reflect heaven, don't let it shake you, you have a God who wants to give you a rock to stand on, let Him.

"While we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:18

Seeking His peace,
Dani

p.s. Hope this makes up for my lack of devotionals this month ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment