Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Sri Lankan Kale with Coconut and Mustard Seed


Hello everyone!

I went to an incredible Sri Lankan restaurant in Santa Cruz right before coming back to Santa Barbara. My Dad and I tried an assortment of vegan dishes, but my favorite one was a coconut, mustard seed Kale amazingness. I asked the lady there how to make it and she gave me some very specific directions.

What you will need:
Head of Kale
1/2 white onion
1 Tbs olive/grapeseed oil
2 tsp black/brown mustard seeds
Dried coconut shreds

Directions:
1. Cut the Kale into strips lengthwise with long strokes. You do not want to chop it or else it becomes bitter.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet. Add mustard seeds and onion. Saute for a couple minutes.
3. Add the Kale and cocunut and saute 6-8 minutes. Do not overcook it or else it will become bitter.
4. Enjoy!

Love,
Bianca

No comments:

Post a Comment