Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Eggplant Salad

I watched my old roommate Lindsay throw sauteed eggplant on her salad almost everyday last year and somehow never tried it. I had a little leftover from the dinner the other night so I sliced it up, gentled heated it on the stove and threw it on a salad for lunch the next day. Wow was I surprised by how delicious it was. I could not believe I had never tried it myself, especially considering how much I love eggplant! This is an especially easy way to spice up your lunch salad!

Recipe
Romaine Lettuce leaves
eggplant
red bell pepper
scallions
avocado
soy sauce
flax seed oil
In a saucepan drizzle some soy sauce and add a bit of water, a small bit. Warm on the stove at medium heat. Slice some eggplant and lay each piece flat on the pan. Depending on the size of your eggplant you may want to quarter the slices. Flip after a couple minutes and allow the other side to heat, adding more water or soy sauce not to let it burn on the pan. Meanwhile tear the lettuce leaves, dice the bell pepper, thinly slice the scallions and drizzle with flax seed oil. Once the eggplant is ready throw on the salad warm and add the avocado last.

Perfection! This was my after run meal on Saturday, I did 10 miles again. This training is really getting me though, but I'm loving it.

Enjoy,
Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment