Monday, August 30, 2010

Zesty Bean Salad

Recipe
2 C edamame, shelled
1 15-oz can garbanzo beans
1 15-oz can kidney beans
1/2 C red onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 C lime juice
1 T lime zest
drizzle of flaxseed oil
salt and pepper to taste
Drain beans and rinse with cold water. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, refrigerate for at least a couple hours. Hope you like lime, this sure is a zesty one! It pairs well with some cold, fluffed millet.

Yesterday, was a wonderful day. The Sabbath now happens to be my rest day in marathon training, perfect huh? I found myself having all this spare time after my internship and before IVC. I went out in the backyard and read for awhile. I'm hooked on this book, Red Moon Rising. Ryan told me to read in years ago and finally I end up getting around to it. It is completely altering my prayer life! Let me share with you.

This is by far my favorite part so far, the author of the book Pete Grieg is about to preach at a conference before thousands of young Christians in Spain when the Lord reminds him that he has been here once before, only for a brief moment in traveling but in that moment he had cried out to the Lord, 'where is the army? Raise up an army of this generation'. Nine years had passed since then and he felt the Lord say to him, 'Even though you forget most of the prayers you pray to me, I never forget a single thing I ask you'. Is that not the most profound truth! God hears all of our prayers, they become incense of gold in heaven, they are all so valuable to Him! We must persevere in prayer believing that He is in the process of fulfilling those prayers. He really does treasure everything you say to him.

In prayer,
<3 Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment